Tomorrow is May
Today is Monday, the start of a new week. Tomorrow is May, and I know I won’t see the end of May without seeing my new baby. That thought is quite daunting.
Today I’ve been catching up with a colleague at work who’d just had a daughter and has been sharing their thoughts from the first two weeks.
Things I’ve learnt:
- Birth plans really should be birth daydreams. You really don’t know / can’t prepare for what’s going to happen on the day.
- Getting visitors after the birth is great, but can be overwhelming when you’re knackered and coming to terms with the massive shift in your world.
- But mostly, nothing prepares you for how awesome being a Dad is. This part I’m really looking forward to.
- Following closely though, the euphoria doesn’t last forever. Give it 4-6 weeks and the sleep deprivation and relentless demands wear down the best of men.
- Lastly, be careful what pictures you post online. I have now seen far more of the new mum than I’d usually be comfortable. But it appears as new parents new nudity rules apply.