Potty training day one – making a song and dance of it.
Day one of potty training, and I’m relived I only had to deal with a few child-like grownups in the office and not an unpredictable toddler wearing pants for the first time in her life.
Over all it was a success. A quick first top three lessons learnt on the first day:
- When you’ve spent your whole life wearing a nappy, switching to a comfy pair of pants is actually quite weird for a toddler.
- When they finally perform on cue in the potty, making a literal song and dance is fun, we spent about 15 minutes jumping and dancing round the room celebrating, to the extent that I was worried she’d wee again with giggles and excitement.
- Wipe clean floors really come into their own when there’s the constant risk of wee.
- You can’t have too much kitchen roll and floor wipes to hand.
- Roll up the rugs you have on your wooden or tiled floor – make the most of that wipe clean surface.
The day finished with a respectable wee in the potty while watch “Zoo lane” and a grump about putting a nappy on for bed time. Let’s see what tomorrow brings…